Introduction of Abohar.
A city filled with natural beauty, forests and an excellent sort of flora and fauna, Abohar is situated in Punjab and offers every visitor an exciting getaway. the town acts as a tourist spot for those that have a keen interest in history, those on a spiritual quest and people who are absolute nature lovers.
Abohar was founded within the 12th century and along side the name of the town , there have been tons of changes that happened . It lies on the brink of the India-Pakistan border and hence has mixed inhabitants of various castes and creed. The locals, nonetheless, sleep in complete peace and harmony. they’re warm, friendly people and are always able to lend a hand .
History of Abohar.
Abohar is also known for its history and its fame is Jag Jahar due to the tomb of five people. Under the remains of the ancient city of Abunagari in 1893, the place was known as Kaiser Ganj. The history of Abohar city is based on a legend. According to elders, the city of Abohar was built by Abu Chandni, a Suryavanshi king. It was due to King Abu Chandni that this city was earlier known as Abu Nagari.
Famous Places in Abohar.
1. Abohar Wildlife Sanctuary:- The Abohar Wildlife Sanctuary may be a major crowd-puller within the town. Maintained, protected and conserved by the Bishnoi community, the sanctuary may be a humble abode to variety of endangered and endemic species just like the endangered black buck deer, nilgai, porcupines and lots of others. Shrouded with verdant green forest the sanctuary may be a delightful getaway for the tourists, the travelers and therefore the locals alike.
2. Panj Peer Tibba Shrine:- A pillar of brotherhood, the Panj Peer Tibba Shrine may be a moving place of worship that serves not only people’s religious sentiments but also beckons their diverse Indian identity. The shrine of Muslim saints is takes care of by a Hindu family and revered by members of all religions. A tomb is found on the brink of the shrine. This famous shrine is visited by tourists to know and possibly experience the rich legacy of the Panj Peers in Abohar.
3. Nehru Park:- In the midst of all the history revelry, stands the gorgeous Nehru Park, perfect for a day’s outing together with your loved ones. the large green landscape of the park is enchanting and soothing for everybody who visits it. you’ll be mesmerised by the large trees and even bigger lawns at this park. the foremost prominent park altogether of Abohar, this place may be a must visit if you would like to spend hours of cherished frolicking together with your loved ones.
4.Johri Temple:- The Johri Temple in Abohar, which may be a witness to the range of Indian culture and religions, is understood as a spiritual temple, which may be a unique example of diversity within the country. The temple has an idol of the Hindu deity Lord Hanuman and therefore the most original thing about the temple is that each one sorts of people come to go to it. Here discrimination isn’t done on the idea of caste and religion. Visiting this temple on the old Fazika road of Abohar, you’ll realize how people of various religions and castes live together consonant in India.
5. Gurdwara Bad Tirath Sahib:- This Gurdwara is additionally referred to as Gurdwara Charan Pak Patshahi Pehli and is situated at a distance of 17 km west of Abohar City, 30 km from District Ganganagar and 9 km from Panj Kosi railroad station on Abohar – Ganganagar Road in Village Haripura. Sri Nanak Sahib Ji visited this location during one among his first udasi (preaching tours). Guru Ji was amid Bhai Mardana. When Guru Ji reached this village, the people of the village told Guru Sahib that they were being terrorized by a demon.
- There are more than a dozen shops in Abohar which are known as White House where special quality cloth for white kurta pajamas is available and their stitching is also done in the famous showroom here. This showroom is known not only for kurta pajamas but also for stitching of all types of garments.
Famous Fruit in Abohar.
Punjab leads within the cultivation of kinnow, a hybrid between King and Willow Leaf Mandarin. Abohar produces 60% of the state’s fruit with area thereunder pegged at around 33,000 hectare. Last season, Abohar had produced 7 lakh metric tonnes of kinnow.
How to reach in Abohar?
- By Air:- Abohar is not well connected to other major cities of the country via regular flights. The nearest airport is in Bathinda at a distance of 75kms.
- By Train:-You can easily get regular trains to Abohar from other major cities of the country. Railway Station