Introduction of Maldives
The Maldives is that the most celebrated group of islands within the Indian Ocean and maybe the planet over. The stunning great thing about its turquoise lagoons and pristine beaches is just unrivalled. The Maldives islands are one among the few places on earth that everybody hopes to experience in their lifetime—and once you see it, you’re forever enamoured. However, the Maldives is quite just a tourist paradise. it’s mentioned as “Dhivehi Raajje” by the indigenous people meaning the country of the Dhivehi people. Maldives’ Tourism
History of the Maldives’ Tourism Industry
The Maldives remained largely unknown to tourists until the first 1970s but today, tourism is extremely important to the Maldives’ economy. you’ll recall the devastating effect of the tsunami which took its toll on many Asian countries in 2004, following the Indian Ocean earthquake. The Maldives were a victim of this tsunami. Only nine islands were reported to possess escaped any flooding, while 57 islands faced serious damage to their infrastructure. Six islands were destroyed and 21 resort islands were forced to shut due to serious damage. Today, there’s almost no evidence of this catastrophe. Maldives’ Tourism
Famous Places Maldives Islands
1. COMO Cocoa Island:- Amongst the various islands, COMO Cocoa is one among the foremost wanted places within the island country of Maldives. It houses an outsized number of resorts and therefore the better part of it all is that the presence of the water villas (you need to experience staying in one among these). The COMO Cocoa Island has around 33 water villas, each offering only the simplest facilities. Once your staycation is sorted, you’ll take an extended stroll on the white powder sand and enjoys spa retreat. The restaurant and therefore the food is usually top-notch then is that the rejuvenating activities like diving and snorkelling which will be enjoyed at the house reef.
2. Emboodhu Finolhu Island:- One of the simplest attractions about this island is probably the arrangement of the water villas in shape of a bud . a touch rubbernecking can help see this beautiful sight from a seaplane as you land. Emboodhu Finolhu Island featuring around 55 water villas, also houses the luxurious Taj Exotica Resort. Here, you’ll get pampered with 5-star accommodation and amenities, and you’ll also delve into a revitalizing spa retreat. However, since it being on the brink of the Maldives International Airport, this island is conveniently accessed via speedboat (for those that prefer).
3. Mihiri Island:- The resort in Mihiri island are perhaps build for those that love an entire detoxing environment as no television sets are provided. I mean, why would you even need one? Mihiri Island Resort offers excellent rooms that are made ideal for honeymooners along side Adam and Eve spa treatments. The resort has around 30 water villas and a couple of island resorts. The island restaurants offer exquisite food over romantic dinner. However, to partake in some fun activities, the island also has diving and snorkelling aquatics options made available. Maldives’ Tourism
4. Baros Island:- If you’re trying to find an area faraway from the gang , this is often a perfect place to be. Baros may be a high rated and popular island in Maldives. With sun-kissed beaches and boutique luxury resort, this island is legendary for its natural elegance and delightful corals. Baros features a number of water villas also as island resorts providing luxe amenities, along side a couple of restaurants and bars within the vicinity. In Baros, you’ll dip your feet within the cyan-blue water and relax your muscles within the spa. For the journey spirited couples, there also are variety of watersports.
5. Huvahendhoo Island:- This popular place is where you’ll rejuvenate amid the lustrous sight of the calm water (even once you are with kids) because, Huvahendhoo has Lily Beach Resort and Spa that serves best facilities for those that are available packs. this is often family-oriented resort island that houses luxe rooms and also restaurants that serve special delicacies for small ones. Now, while the oldsters choose a spa, the youngsters can spend time within the ‘Kids’ Club.’ There are two swimming bath , tennis courts, billiards and beach volleyball. you’ll never run out of activities here in Huvahendhoo Island, Lily Beach Resort and Spa.
6. Rangali Island:- Owned by the Hilton Hotels group, the Conrad Maldives in Rangali Island is one among the simplest places to remain when on a vacation with family. In Rangali Island, you’ll joult in various family oriented activities like snorkeling and diving also as island hopping, fishing, dolphin sighting and more (it depends on the weather). The resort within the island also features a Kids’ Club, where infinity swimming bath , spa and indoor sports are provided.
7. Kanuhura Island:- Expect to urge pampered in Kanuhura island, aside from its unparalleled beauty that baffles the visitors, it’s a resort of an equivalent name and it comes equipped with luxurious 5-star hotel decor and luxe amenities. Here, you’ll rejuvenate within the spa the resort provides also as a private outdoor shower and a personal villa host. If you would like to spend family time in fun activities, this island has various such things to try to to , like diving and snorkeling. you’ll also as indulge you kids during a Kids Club where entertaining activities like beach volleyball, tennis, indoor games etc are made available.
Most Popular Maldives foods
- Mas Huni
- Bis Keemiya
- Boshi Mashuni
- Fried Yams
- Maldivian Live Lobster
- Saagu Bondibai
How to reach maldives
By Air:- The main airport within the Maldives is Male International Airport, also referred to as Velana International Airport, which connects the tiny country to varied countries and cities within the world, especially Southeast Asian countries like India, China and Sri Lanka . The airport is found on Hulhule Island within the northern Male Atoll which is near the capital island of Male.