Introduction of Havelock Island
Havelock is famed for beguiling mankind everywhere the planet . Claiming an excellent parcel of earth, at around 100 and fourteen square kilometres, this paradisiacal islet is home to the Ritchie’s Archipelago besides five other charming tourist villages. There are numerous places to go to in Havelock for a travel experience that you’ll always remember. Havelock’s white beaches and silvery waters offer tourists a perfect spot for unwinding themselves. Besides, places to go to in Havelock also render a good range of adventurous activities to spark your monotonous, cumbersome lifestyle.
About Havelock Island
The list is incomplete without adding the simplest island in India- Havelock Island, which is additionally the most important island in Andaman. Known for its picturesque beaches and alluring scenery, Havelock Island is one among the foremost beautiful islands in India to go to . there’s such a lot to try to to and see on this island which is why it’s famous among honeymooners and families. FYI, it’s also one among the simplest coral islands in India. This Island offers its tourists one among the foremost fun-filled skin diving in India considering all the activities which will be wiped out the Islands.
Famous Places Havelock Islands
1. Radhanagar Beach:- Tucked in Havelock Island, Radhanagar Beach is considered the simplest beach in India. it’s a pristine stretch of sand backed by turquoise water and plush forest. Radhanagar Beach is usually called Beach No. 7 and it’s straight out of the postcard. Times Magazine has awarded it the title of the ‘7th best beach within the world’. Radhanagar Beach is one among the various highlights, not only in Havelock but also within the Andaman Islands.
2. Govind Nagar Beach:- Situated on Havelock Island on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the tranquil Govind Nagar Beach is legendary for its silvery beach, turquoise blue water and flora and fauna. Visitors can enjoy each day of water sports like skin diving or snorkelling, reading on a hammock, walking, catching the sunset or simply relaxing with the breathtaking view ahead .
3. Mangrove Forest:- Mangroves are a typical sight on every tropical island, but at Andaman Islands, the thick shrubs structure 20% of India’s total mangrove population. See more of those trees once you join this kayaking experience in Havelock Island! Get your equipment upon your arrival at Havelock Jetty, where you’ll learn the fundamentals of the activity from a licensed instructor. began to the backwaters of Andaman Sea after your lesson and obtain to use your newly-acquired skills on the calm waterways of the island. Sail the twisting path along side your fellow tourists while the sun shines brightly on the thick canopy of trees. Enjoy 2 hours and half-hour of peaceful quietness with only the sound of birds chirping within the background. Feel the breeze on your skin as you cruise back to the jetty.
4. Vijaynagar Beach:- Vijaynagar Beach or Beach #5 on Havelock Island is paradise on earth. Its long coastline is lined with innumerable beach resorts and restaurants. However, just stepping on the beach gives you that edge-of-the-world feeling. there’s absolutely no a part of this beach that’s ever crowded, you’re only likely to ascertain a bunch of backpackers sunbathing or taking a dip within the blue waters here. The beach is lined by coconut trees under which you’ll drink, read or simply take a nap. and in contrast to many other beaches within the Andaman Islands, this beach isn’t rocky even during low water , which makes it the right relaxation zone. Vijaynagar beach is additionally a splendid spot to look at the morning sunrise in Havelock. Spending a while at the Vijaynagar beach is very recommended, because it is a crucial a part of the Havelock experience.
5. Long Island:- Long Island is claimed to be a contemporary village that has its own power-house, a ship building yard, senior lyceum , a bank, wireless facilities, hospital, Range Forest Office and even police outpost. In other words it’s a perfect island settlement one can wish for. Long Island boasts beautiful beaches, cosy caves, green rolling hills and stunning mangroves. It also flaunts its lush green tropical forests including Tidal Swamp forests and Evergreen Forests, and a singular marine ecosystem. the highest place to go to in Long Island is that the silvery beach of Lalaji Bay. it’s a stunning sandy beach on the West Coast of Long Island and a ship cruise through the Mangrove creek here offers one among its kind experience.
6. Elephant Beach:- Elephant Beach is a perfect destination for water sports and for leisure tour. you’ll be during a world apart when on this beach located in Havelock Islands. Its rich reef structure and amazing underwater marine life will definitely spellbind you and need you to stay returning for more. Elephant beach is nevertheless the simplest place to go to in Andaman Islands and you’ll find tons of Indians and foreign nationals here. This place is right for relaxing spending a leisure with food and drinks. Besides, if you are feeling like performing some fun activities this beach offers water sports like diving, snorkelling, swimming, bird-watching, trekking and kayaking. Being famous for its coral reefs, sea walking is additionally actively partaken and therefore the better part is, anybody with a zest for adventure can enjoys this underwater fun.
7. Kalapathar Beach:- Kala Pathar Beach may be a small but charming beach within the Havelock Island. This stunning beach has golden sand beds and turquoise blue water. The beach lies next to the village of Kala Pathar. Hence it derives its name from the beach. you’ll be impressed by the stunning scenic great thing about the beach. you’ll spend an excellent time at the beach. Strolling at the beach would be fun. you’ll fell the cool breeze tingling through your hair. Walking on the soft sand and observing the landscapes of the Kala Pathar is another leisure activity. The beach is a smaller amount crowded making it the simplest place for those that love peace and tranquillity. The black rocks that lie along the seashores make a bright contrast with the silver sand. Green dense forests surround the beach from all sides.
Most Popular Havelock foods
- Lots of seafood
How to reach Havelock Island
By Air:- Port Blair is that the nearest airport to the Havelock Island which is further connected to all or any major cities within the country. From here you’ll hire a seaplane or aboard a ship to succeed in the island. you’ll take an air conditioned catamaran ferry to succeed in Havelock Island. It takes less than 90 minutes from Port Blair to succeed in the destination.
By Water:- the simplest thanks to reach Havelock is by the air conditioned catamaran ferry, which takes only 90 minutes from Port Blair. There are government ferry services available also which take about 2.5 hours. Do book your tickets beforehand during high season .